Feb 5, 2011

Maicon wins Samba d'Or 2010

One of The best right back in the world, Douglas Maicon was received the Samba d'Or prize at the Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti today, having been named as the best Brazilian player in Europe in 2010. He won five trophies with the Nerazzurri. Inter coach and fellow Brazilian Leonardo handed over the award.

"It's an incredible honour," said Maicon, "to receive this award, which symbolises the union between Brazil and Europe. My thanks must go first and foremost to my team-mates, for without their help I wouldn't have won any of the things I have. You can't win anything by yourself. And together we want to carry on winning lots more. This is a very positive period for me: I feel good, my injury is behind me and I hope to carry on doing my best and achieving great things with Inter. And with Brazil too. I'm certainly not lacking in motivation; on the contrary, I'm even more motivated than before. The more you win, the more you want to carry on winning."

Maicon was born at Novohamburgo, Brazil. In 26 July 1981, he total appearances in all competition is 198 with 16 goals since he came from Monaco in August 2006. Congratulations Maicon I hope you will give the best for Nerazzuri and Brazil national team.

No comments:

Post a Comment